Monday, March 15, 2010

Getting nailed!

Get your dirty minds out of the gutter! I am talking about nail color, freaky deaky! I have become obsessed with nail polish as of late. I do my own manicures weekly. I pretty much stuck to a myriad of nudes until about 6 months ago when I got ballsy and tried a dark polish. I. was. hooked.

Now I have turned into somewhat of an addict. I spend lots of time on all lacquered up checking out her swatches, trying to find the exact color I have in mind. I usually keep it to extremes, nude or dark. But as the weather is warming up, I'm starting to *think* about branching out some.

I'm pretty loyal to OPI colors so the majority of what I wear will be in their line. My favorite dark burgandy is Eiffel for This Color which started my polish revolution. Here are a few of my recent favs!

This is Alpine Snow. It is a crisp, fresh white.

So fresh and so clean!

Then during a particularly crabby Monday, I found this pick-me-up. It's Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees Suede. It's a bluish grey with silver sparkles. It has a suede finish and dries matte (like suede). I don't particularly like that look so I added a clear top coat. I LOVE it!

sttttteeeely!

Next, my obsession turned to navy blue. I wanted it to be dark but clearly blue not black. It was a toss up between Yoga-ta Get This Blue and Russian Navy. I went with the latter and LOOOOVE. It's rich navy with pink and purple sparkles when the light hits. Chic.

Great pick for all the Yankee fans out there!

For now my polish appetite is satiated. Till the next trend/inspiration hits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No personal attacks or snarkiness. Keep it civil.