Thursday, March 18, 2010

::SIGH::

Last year, I embarked on a weight loss mission. I was getting ready for a cruise and needed to lose it or risk being thrown back to sea like the beached whale I resembled. It was a success and it started my love of blogging. That's right, I blogged my struggles, doubts and triumphs.

I lost 19 lbs and was feeling pretty good about myself. So good, I didn't need the diet or the gym any more. Yeah, right! Anywhoodle, I totally slacked after the cruise and find myself today, 6 months later, at EXACTLY the same weight I was before I lost the 19lbs.

To say this is a vicious, painful cycle is an understatement. I guess part of the problem is, I never really feel like I look all that bad whether I am my "winter weight" (154) or my "summer weight" (135). However, it seems to be right at 154 that I begin to feel sloppy and sluggish. It's almost like an internal alarm goes off. So here I am (again!) striving to trim it up a bit.

My overall goal is 19 lbs (or more!) by 6/12. Why 6/12? Well my nephew is graduating high school. In Florida. Swimsuits and all that - I think I just died. I currently weigh 154.8 lbs and my measurements are 39-35-44.

Here's my goal broken down:

  • lose 1.5 lbs a week or 6 lbs a month

However you wanna slice it, it's gonna take work. I plan on eating fresh, raw food (fruits, veggies, nuts, beans) all day and elimating all sugary flavored drinks. So water and tea it is. I will have a healthy cooked meal for dinner. Think it's sounds hard? I've done it before. Also, I need to reacquaint myself with this jerk I keep trying to break up with named Gym. He keeps telling me I can't live without him!

I will weigh myself weekly and the results will be displayed to the right. See the little grass with with ladybug? Yeah, that's my weight loss ticker. So let's see that little bugger move! And I will report my measurements monthly.

Here's to getting it going again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No personal attacks or snarkiness. Keep it civil.