Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Caught Red-Handed! Hair Dilemma Resolved!

You will recall I've had my share of hair trouble this season. I normally wear my hair curly and love it but like to wear it straight in the winter for a change. I cut my hair in a super cute asymmetrical bob and haven't been able to get it just right since I left the salon. I like to straighten my hair myself to save some $ and after getting some tips and tricks from a coworker with fab done-at-home hair, I've been on a mission. The main problem I have is static. A couple of weeks ago, I got it right. Just a little tweaks and my hair would have been perfect. The problem was - I changed several things at once so I wasn't 100% sure what had a direct effect on eliminating static.

Till now.

This time around I made sure to keep all the variables the same except for one to test it out. Last time, I used a blow dryer and round brush. This time I used the MaxiGlide to straighten my hair. Bingo! Guess what showed up this morning? Static. I have found the guilty party. I'm a bit disappointed since the MaxiGlide straightens in one step. Curly to straight, no flat iron after, nada. But the static is not working, so, sadly, I'll be retiring this nifty invention.

Now that I've gotten that squared away, I will focus my attention on what product is leaving my hair with a sort of residue film. Ahhhh! The beauty maven's work is never finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No personal attacks or snarkiness. Keep it civil.