Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Pet Peeved!


My list of pet peeves is long. Really long. But there are a few that get me every time. How about a list? You know you want it.
  1. Honk a burnin' love - All men take notice! When you see my fly-ass-diva-struttin' down the sidewalk, if you want to piss me off, and I mean really get the smoke coming out of my ears, honk your horn. I loathe it. I have contemplated carrying something to throw at anyone who does it. A horn honk is NOT a compliment. Oh, this is news? Although I have no clue what the honk means I'm guessing it means - you're hot. What perplexes me is - you never see my face, so surely you are talking about something else and it's not my shoes! So no, I don't appreciate it, and no, I don't find it flattering. You know who might? The chick waiting on the corner for a "date" because I'm willing to bet that's where this practice originated. So go honk at your mother, @sshole!
  2. RSVP me nots- I never quite understand the folks who get an invite to something, anything, and simply ignore it. Well, that is the equivalent of not RSVPing - to me. You are invited, are you coming or what? You do want to eat, don't you? I mean, if I saw you and verbally invited you, would you just walk away with no response? RSVP dammit! Yes, it matters! You mattered enough for me to invite you! And hell, if you are not coming, I may be able to invite someone else!

  3. Non-existent Thank You - Never underestimate the power of gratitude. If someone does something you appreciate, say so. Emails, notes, cards, words - all accepted here. I'm a pretty resourceful person, folks come to me with all kinds of queries (not sure how that happened!) and I am ALWAYS happy to oblige. Whenever I come across anything that I think will be helpful, useful, important for someone to know, I pass it along. I mean very specific things, not Jeapardy trivia. For example, if I know someone is job hunting and I see something in their field, I'll pass it along. If you complained about stomach pain and I come across something, I'll pass it along. If your mom is having cataract surgery...you get the point. So it's nice to get a thank you. I may be petty, but I have been guilty of cutting folks off the resource list. Hey, not on purpose, it's just that life gets busy and well, when I have a load of things to do, I think about you being too busy to say thanks and spend my resources on the next guy.

That's all I'll leave you with for now. Trust me, there are plenty more where those came from. Got any pet peeves?

No comments:

Post a Comment

No personal attacks or snarkiness. Keep it civil.