Friday, December 4, 2009

Pretty Brown Eyes...

I don’t wear tons of make-up but I wear make-up every day. My daily look consists of foundation, concealer, bronzer, blush, mascara and lip gloss (lately, lipstick). OK so maybe I do wear more than the basics. It takes a few steps to get this sleepy, Casper look-alike ready for her close up. The most important element though for me is mascara. My lashes are long but thin so volume is important as well as washability (is that a word?). I am always on a quest for the best mascara and have found some goodies along the way. Here they are with their pros and cons:


First up: Revlon 3D Mascara
This one works well. It comes out of the gate nice and thick so it doesn’t have that first week of not making your lashes look as full. It definitely does some MAJOR plumping in the volume department, lashes look thick, full, and fabulous. But, the product seems to dry up and cake much quicker than other mascaras so it needs to be replaced more often. Also, it tends to flake which is a big no-no to me. And lastly, it’s really hard to wash off. So not top choice, but if in a bind (or on sale), I’ll pick it up.


Next: MAC Plush Lash
I loved this! Makes the lashes look, well, plush. Thickens them up without the dreaded Tammy Faye look. 2 cons: the brush is really big so I sometimes ended up with mascara on my lids and at $11 I can get something for a little cheaper at the drugstore to do the same job sadly it doesn't go on sale. ever. Good for MAC aficionados and a back-up though!


Third: CoverGirl Lash Blast
After hearing many a good reviews on this, it peaked my curiosity. I was in need of mascara and it was on sale, SCORE! So far loving it. Brush is large and coats every lash, separating but not giving you the spider look. More time is needed but this one is a new favorite!

Last and best: Maybelline Volume Express Turbo-Boost
This is my go-to mascara. It’s the official mascara of my closest girlfriends. It does some super plumping and lengtheneing. No cons!

Now go forth and be lushfully lashed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No personal attacks or snarkiness. Keep it civil.